[b] Dear Apo!
Its depend on on the water quality, you want to find out microbial contamination? or you want to find out chemically too? www.hach.com
For Chemical Analysis you will need a lot of chemicals, glass apparatus and such equipments but if you want to know and monitor microbial contamination only so then you don't need a lot of chemicals but you will need equipments. Such as 1. Laminar Air Flow Cabinet, 2. Autoclave, 3. Bacterial Incubator, 4. Laboratory Oven, 5. Vacuum Oven, 6. Different types of Culture Media, 7. Peter plates, etc. You can monitor you water with these too.
But if you want to have a standard lab: then you must have these all in your lab:
1. laboratory measuring at least 1000 Sq. Ft. With sufficient no. of tables and Stools. Lab should be provided with basic Instruments such as autoclave, incubator, oven, pH meter, hot plate, cyclo mixers, water bath shakers, colorimeter, fridge, distillation plant etc.
2. A culture room with a laminar air flow measuring 300 Sq. Ft.
3. An Instrumentation Room with Double door, Air Conditioner, and inverter, power generator for sophisticated Instruments measuring 500 Sq. Ft.
4. Two side rooms with computers facility and measuring 300 to 400 Sq. Ft. with tables and chairs.
5. A media preparation and a store room at least 400 Sq. Ft.
6. A computer in Bioinformatics Laboratory with 4 – 5 computers (P – IV) with printer and internet facility.
LIST OF BASIC INSTRUMENTS REQUIRED FOR M. Sc. PRACTICALS
1. Laminar Air Flow.
2. Compound Microscope
5. Hot Air Oven.
6. BOD Incubators
7. pH Meter
8. Water Bath Incubator Shaker
11. Hot Plate.
13. Electrophoretic Apparatus
14. Orbital Incubator Shaker
15. High Speed Centrifuge - (10000 RPM)
16. Distillation Apparatus (Single & Double)
18. Paper Chromatography Cabinet
19. Rough Balances
20. Bacterial Filter Assembly
21. General Purpose Centrifuge.
22. Vortex Mixers
23. Magnetic Stirrers
24. UV Cabinet
25. TLC Apparatus
26. Dissolved Oxygen Meter
27. Metler Balances
28. Digital Balances
29. Water Bath Shakers
30. Colony Counter
31. Rotary Shaker
32. Columns for Chromatography
33. Fraction Collector
34. Gas Burners
35. LPG Cylinders
36. Distillation Apparatus.
LIST OF SOPHESTICATED INSTRUMENTS REQUIRED FOR PRACTICAL
1. UV – Vis Spectrophotometer.
2. Gas Chromatography
4. High Speed Refrigerated Centrifuge
5. Microprocessor based pH Analyser
6. Horizontal Paper Electrophoresis Unit
7. Vertical Electrophoresis Unit
8. Submarine Electrophoresis Unit
9. Immuno Electrophoresis Apparatus
10. Power Pack With Constant Voltage or Current Adjustment
11. PAGE Electrophoresis Unit
12. DNA Sequencer
13. ELISA Reader
14. PCR (Thermal Cycler)
15. Gel Documentation Unit
16. Semi Dry Transfer Apparatus
17. Deep Freezer (-300C)
19. Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer
20. COD & BOD Analyser
21. Phase Contrast Microscope
22. Binocular Microscope
25. Pentium IV Computer With Printer
27. CO2 Incubator
The Organization/department should have required chemicals, DEHYDRATED MEDIA, STAINS, ACIDS, SOLVENTS, FINE CHEMICALS, ENZYMES, ANTI SERA IMMUNODIAGNOSTIC KITS, and SPECIFIC MICROBIAL CULTERS WITH KNOWN GENETIC MARKERS AND GLASSWARES to conduct the prescribed syllabus. Cold room facility is preferred.
You must need experts for lab: work.