best POU treatment chemical & microbiological contaminants?? 0 Ratings (0.0 Stars).0 Ratings (0.0 Stars).0 Ratings (0.0 Stars).0 Ratings (0.0 Stars).0 Ratings (0.0 Stars).0 Ratings (0.0 Stars). 

Forum for discussion on chlorination, slow sand filtration, micro filtration, nano filtration, UV irradiation, desalination, reverse osmosis, roughing filtration, charcoal filtration, sedimentation, coagulation and flocculation, solar distillation, compact water treatment unit performance, etc.

best POU treatment chemical & microbiological contaminants??

Postby PovertyEradication » 09 Mar 2013 09:58

Hi,
Quick question to the WASH experts out there. I am working on the Syrian Refugee response and we need a POU water treatment option for both chemical (benzene, petrochemical, perhaps other contaminants) and microbiological contaminants. Any ideas what would be the best thing to distribute to HHs? Has anyone heard of the Puralytics SolarBag (http://www.puralytics.com/html/productOverview.php)? Seems like it may do the trick but i haven't seen it used in an emergency myself so would like any opinions from the experts :) Thanks for any help you can provide!

0 Ratings (0.01 Stars out of 6.0) 0 Ratings (0.0 Stars).0 Ratings (0.0 Stars).0 Ratings (0.0 Stars).0 Ratings (0.0 Stars).0 Ratings (0.0 Stars).0 Ratings (0.0 Stars). 
09 Mar 2013 09:58

PovertyEradication

National Flag: India
Years of WASH Experience: 5
WASH Country Experience: India, Bangladesh, Haiti, Kenya, South Sudan, Darfur, Sudan, Jordan
WASH Work Experience: CARE, Oxfam, ACF, Relief International

Re: best POU treatment chemical & microbiological contaminants??

Postby Janna » 22 May 2013 02:43

Hi PovertyEradication,

I see no one has responded to you here, just wanted to see if you tried the SolarBag or if you are using something else for POU treatment since you posted?

I haven't come across anything else that treats petrochemical/benzene contamination. It looks like that SolarBag may do the trick, although I don't understand how exactly the technology works. Otherwise, I think from a traditional water treatment perspective, activated carbon filtration is what I see as the most common form of filtration.

Anyway, I'd be interested in knowing what you are using!
Best,
Janna

0 Ratings (0.01 Stars out of 6.0) 0 Ratings (0.0 Stars).0 Ratings (0.0 Stars).0 Ratings (0.0 Stars).0 Ratings (0.0 Stars).0 Ratings (0.0 Stars).0 Ratings (0.0 Stars). 
Janna

Return to 1.13 Water Treatment