Solar Distillation Tool - Anyone Interested? 0 Ratings (0.0 Stars).0 Ratings (0.0 Stars).0 Ratings (0.0 Stars).0 Ratings (0.0 Stars).0 Ratings (0.0 Stars).0 Ratings (0.0 Stars). 

Forum for discussion on ceramic filters, safe water system, sodis, PUR, watermaker, britta filters, nerox filters, lifestraw, ceramic kiln construction, colloidal silver, chuli filters, bone char filters, biosand filters, waterguard, electrolytic chlorine generators, etc.

Solar Distillation Tool - Anyone Interested?

Postby Constantine » 25 Apr 2012 16:50

I have developed a practical solar distillation tool that can be used to transform saltwater into fresh distilled drinking water. It uses no energy other than sunlight and gravity. This tool may be useful in arid areas with access to the sea and inland areas where the ground water has become salty or similarly polluted. My tool costs less that $20 in materials and can be handmade by an adult in a few minutes.

Presently, this tool is an open source invention. My plan is to develop an improved 2nd generation tool. I will patent this 2nd generation tool to protect it from being commercially exploited. I will then license the tool to reputable manufacturers with an eye to keeping costs low as possible. My sincere wish to ensure this tool gets into the hands of the people who need it most, but can least afford this kind of technology.

However, before I invest additional time and resources I need to know -
Does ANYONE have an interest in my invention?

Please visit my webpage and decide:
http://www.h2ohow.com/solar-distillation/

Thank you for you time and thoughtful comments.

Constantine Orfan
H2oHow.com
constantine@h2ohow.com

0 Ratings (0.01 Stars out of 6.0) 0 Ratings (0.0 Stars).0 Ratings (0.0 Stars).0 Ratings (0.0 Stars).0 Ratings (0.0 Stars).0 Ratings (0.0 Stars).0 Ratings (0.0 Stars). 
25 Apr 2012 16:50

Constantine

National Flag: United States of America
Years of WASH Experience: 2
WASH Country Experience: USA
WASH Work Experience: Amateur scientist and inventor.

Re: Solar Distillation Tool - Anyone Interested?

Postby JanetLanier » 07 May 2012 08:50

I am interested, but can you tell me will this tool be useful in my area and work?

0 Ratings (0.01 Stars out of 6.0) 0 Ratings (0.0 Stars).0 Ratings (0.0 Stars).0 Ratings (0.0 Stars).0 Ratings (0.0 Stars).0 Ratings (0.0 Stars).0 Ratings (0.0 Stars). 
JanetLanier

WASH Work Experience: 2

Re: Solar Distillation Tool - Anyone Interested?

Postby Constantine » 07 May 2012 12:59

Janet, thank you for that thoughtful question. The tool should work any place where there is warmth and sunshine. The tool costs less than $20 and can be made by you in a few minutes. On my website I detail all the parts and tools you need to build the tool for yourself. This is an open source invention, meaning there is no patent. I want people like you to build and try it for themselves. Then, let me know what I need to do to make it better. I want to take it to the next level, but only if knowledgeable people, like yourself, tell me I should.

Regards,
Constantine
H2oHow.com
constantine@h2ohow.com

Constantine

National Flag: United States of America
WASH Work Experience: Amateur scientist and inventor.

Return to 1.16 Household Treatment