How to control dengue-carrying mosquitoes 1 Ratings (2.0 Stars).1 Ratings (2.0 Stars).1 Ratings (2.0 Stars).1 Ratings (2.0 Stars).1 Ratings (2.0 Stars).1 Ratings (2.0 Stars). 

Forum for discussion on diseases transmitted by mosquitoes, lice, flies, ticks, mites, bugs, fleas, rodents, cats, dogs and other things that go bump in the night.

How to control dengue-carrying mosquitoes

Postby rudy.lange » 14 Sep 2010 01:11

Dear fellow members,

I am from the philippines and you can browse it in the internet the dengue outbreak in some parts of the
country. I would like to ask some assistance on where to find best practices in controlling dengue-carrying mosquitoes.

Thanks.

Regards,

Rudy Lange, Jr.
Davao, Philippines

1 Ratings (2.0 Stars out of 6.0) 1 Ratings (2.0 Stars).1 Ratings (2.0 Stars).1 Ratings (2.0 Stars).1 Ratings (2.0 Stars).1 Ratings (2.0 Stars).1 Ratings (2.0 Stars). 
14 Sep 2010 01:11

rudy.lange

Years of WASH Experience: 2
WASH Country Experience: MCRDC-Philippines
WASH Work Experience: AIT-IDRC: bio innovation

Re: How to control dengue-carrying mosquitoes

Postby cdawggy » 15 Sep 2010 04:53

I've seen campaigns that consist of:
- getting rid of pooled water (i.e. breeding sites);
- fumigation;
- educating the population;
- bed nets (I know these are best against malaria, but I suppose they are just as effective against any mosquito).

1 Ratings (2.0 Stars out of 6.0) 1 Ratings (2.0 Stars).1 Ratings (2.0 Stars).1 Ratings (2.0 Stars).1 Ratings (2.0 Stars).1 Ratings (2.0 Stars).1 Ratings (2.0 Stars). 
cdawggy

Return to 5.5 Vector Borne Diseases