Does Anybody Have a Copy of World Bank Branch and Loop? 1 Ratings (5.0 Stars).1 Ratings (5.0 Stars).1 Ratings (5.0 Stars).1 Ratings (5.0 Stars).1 Ratings (5.0 Stars).1 Ratings (5.0 Stars). 

Forum for discussion, development and reviews of water, sanitation and hygiene related computer software and spreadsheets etc.

Does Anybody Have a Copy of World Bank Branch and Loop?

Postby Bobi73 » 06 May 2009 14:58

Does anyone have a copy of those World Bank Branch and Loop programs for designing piped water networks you could send me? I've had a go designing the networks with EPANET but it doesn't do the optimization for you and I've done it by eye (but really want to compare with the Loop program). Also I'm assuming 0.2 l/s demand for each household and assuming that not all the houses will have their taps open at the same time during the morning and evening peaks and 5m residual head at all nodes. If anyone can give me clearer design parameters I would appreciate it.

Bobi

1 Ratings (5.0 Stars out of 6.0) 1 Ratings (5.0 Stars).1 Ratings (5.0 Stars).1 Ratings (5.0 Stars).1 Ratings (5.0 Stars).1 Ratings (5.0 Stars).1 Ratings (5.0 Stars). 
06 May 2009 14:58

Bobi73

Re: Does Anybody Have a Copy of World Bank Branch and Loop?

Postby Merlin » 06 May 2009 15:31

Bobi73 - I knew we had a copy of BRANCH and LOOP kicking around and managed to track it down. As you can see I've added it as an attachment to this post. Jane the Intern and I will upload it to the Technical Resources section over the coming weeks. Sorry that I can't help you with the technical parameters (although I do recall a technical paper written by someone over at UNICEF Nepal with parameters that I could dig up).

Cheers

Merlin
Magic Man

1 Ratings (5.0 Stars out of 6.0) 1 Ratings (5.0 Stars).1 Ratings (5.0 Stars).1 Ratings (5.0 Stars).1 Ratings (5.0 Stars).1 Ratings (5.0 Stars).1 Ratings (5.0 Stars). 
Attachments
LOOP4.exe
(240 KiB) Downloaded 466 times
branch3.exe
(196 KiB) Downloaded 436 times
Merlin

Years of WASH Experience: 15
WASH Country Experience: Cyberspace
WASH Work Experience: WaterSanitationHygiene

Postby Merlin » 13 May 2009 18:47

Bobi73 - Here's that World Bank PIPES Program Guide I was talking about - with information on what figures you should use for the parameters. She's a little old (circa '96) but 'old is gold' so they say.

Take care

Merlin
Magic Man

Attachments
BRANCHA.DOC
(292.5 KiB) Downloaded 509 times
Merlin

Postby Bobi73 » 14 May 2009 20:13

Thanks Merlin, this has been a real help.
I appreciate the support.

Bobi

Bobi73

Postby paisha » 19 Jul 2009 07:05

I have both the complete software suite for the last version (June 1991) which amount to 1.4MB in toto, and the full User Instructions for all three of the units (BRANCH, LOOP and SEWER). Perhaps more importantly, I have extensive experience in the use of BRANCH. In Northern Iraq, for instance, we used BRANCH to design all new systems from 1997 onwards in the Food-for-Oil Programme, being able to design 328 piped water systems (mostly, but not exclusively, gravity) in which the simplest system had 15 pipes and the most complex, over 90 pipes. This was done over a 6 month period, and every single system was checked by UNICEF. We developed an additional set of instructions in the practical application of the computer programme which allowed us to be absolutely certain that we would not have any dry taps even when some illegal connections were taken. Naturally, this additional set of instructions is available to anyone interested. If you are interested, please check with Pete Sweetnam who can make the necessary connections.

paisha

National Flag: Great Britain

Postby Merlin » 19 Jul 2009 09:15

Paisha - thanks for your post. Here at the forum we are really interted in any experience you have with World Bank BRANCH, LOOP and SEWER. If you have a copy of these additional BRANCH, LOOP or SEWER it would be great to share them with out forum readers. Thanks for the support.

Merlin

Postby MathieuLC » 09 Oct 2009 14:00

Hello all!

There is also a more recent programme that allows network optimisation that you might be interested in:
http://neatwork.ordecsys.com/

It has developed to design branched gravity flow water distributions systems and it is free!

All the best,

Mathieu

MathieuLC

National Flag: Madagascar
Years of WASH Experience: 14
WASH Country Experience: Long term postings: Mauritania, Nicaragua, Madagascar
Short term missions: Afghanistan, Cameroon, DRC, Ethiopia, Indonesia, Iran,
Kirghizstan, Mexico, Senegal, Uzbekistan
WASH Work Experience: Direct work experience: pS-Eau, GRDR, Gret, Agua para la Vida, Aquassistance
Worked with: Comité d'aide médicale, Solidarités, Secrétariat international de l'Eau

Postby p.k.mallick » 27 May 2012 04:28

In LOOP Version 5.0 developed by Paul Herbert and Daniel Del Puerto there is an input parameter called "HWC". What does it mean?

Any body has technical manual of this software?

p.k.mallick

National Flag: India
Years of WASH Experience: 10
WASH Country Experience: India.
WASH Work Experience: No.

Return to 9.3 Free WASH Related Computer Software and Spreadsheets